As a result of brexit I am currently getting products made in the UK, we are now looking for a European / Irish manufacturer.
Due to the fallout from Brexitt, we have gained many customers who had previously been using UK fillers or manufacturers. With the impact of Brexit on manufacturing a lot of companies now prefer to use Irish or European fillers or Contract Manufacturers. Our laboratory based in County Mayo, in the west of Ireland which is a fully certified facility in compliance with Good manufacturing Practice (GMP) 22716:2007 and Quality Management Systems 9001:2015 by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI), and we are happy to cater to all of our clients needs.
Yes, we can breakdown bulk product from an existing formulation or create and develop a product from scratch to the client specification.
Using our specially created client brief we can bottle / breakdown bulk product, produce / manufacture an existing formulation or create an entire new product. We specialise in the creation of private label, white label and own brand products for our wide range of customers throughout Ireland and Europe.
Product development generally takes around 5-6 months depending on the complexity of the product specification. Your project manager will update you at every stage of the product development process.
- Product Development – we review your brief and identify possible solutions and issues. Our team of formulation chemists analyse potential ingredients to ensure all ingredients are used efficiently and are safe to use.
- Stability Study – formula is tested for stability over a 12 week period
- Compatibility Study – tests the stability and interaction of the product with packaging materials
- Preservative Test – ensures the preservative is adequate to maintain the required shelf life
- Patch Test – optional test on humans to rate the irritation potential of the product
- Ocular Test – Tests the irritation potential of the product if it was to come into contact with eyes (no animal testing)
- Safety Assessment – Breakdown of the toxicological profile of the individual materials and the mixture of those materials, sets out any warnings to be declared on pack and ensures product is compliant and safe for use and sale.
- Product Information file and formula disclosure – Complete file of all tests completed, complete formula, raw materials used with supplier details, toxicological profile, information for artwork files and product specifications – This file must be updated after the first production run with manufacturing facility with all the information relating to the materials used, process and raw material COA’s. Manufacturer to supply.
To begin the process, our team of chemists review the client brief to determine possible pathways to development and also to highlight any possible issues which may occur. All clients get to speak to their designated chemist and project manager to determine timelines, order volumes and all other relevant details for each project. We can develop your product from scratch or we can work with existing formulations. We have a wealth of experience in the development of private label, white label and own brand products. We specialise in producing natural, sustainable and vegan friendly skincare products, shampoos, conditioners, personal body care, household, disinfectant and cleaning products.
One of the many advantages of working with us is that we do not enforce minimum order volumes and are happy to cater to each client’s specific requirements. Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ’s) are determined by the ingredients in your formulation. Each raw ingredient will have a MOQ from each supplier/manufacturer of the particular ingredient. Generally we will have most ingredients and can offer flexibility with MOQ as low as 100KG however we can determine exact MOQ for your specific product after successful completion of Step one in the process. (Product development).
Yes, our team of expert Formulation Chemists are happy to liaise with clients at every step of the way. We also designate a project manager to each client so that there is a consistent point of contact at all times.
Yes we have an in-house team of highly experienced chemists and project managers. Every client will have a designated project manager for their project and will attend regular meetings where they will receive updates on their formulation.
Yes, we can provide an NDA or we can work with yours.
Contract Formulations is a fully certified facility under the Ultrapure Laboratories umbrella and are in compliance with Good manufacturing Practice (GMP) 22716:2007 and Quality Management Systems 9001:2015 by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI)
This still remains unclear at the time of print. Please contact us to discuss regulatory requirements for your project.